I have been thinking a lot about what I could be doing better in my life and I am, as usual, frustrated about how I have a hard time thinking about others' needs. So for 2009 I am going to try to do one service project every month. In order to ensure that I do this, I am planning to budget $10 and at least 1 hour per month for the project. I know that it is not much, but it is a start! I would really appreciate any ideas you might have. Here are the thoughts that I have so far, they are pretty generic so please help me out:
Watch someone's kids for them
Draw or paint a cheerful picture for someone
Help someone with their taxes
Bring someone dinner
Make someone a cheesecake or other special dessert
Write someone a letter of appreciation
Help someone organize a space or create a budget
Anyone who would like some help, please let me know! Also, I would appreciate ideas on how to find the people that need help.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
New Year's Resolution
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I will eagerly volunteer for you to watch my kids ;)
These are all great goals! I love it. You should (and I should as well) write mom a letter of appreciation and BOOM you have it done before the year even starts! What a way to start out the new year, babysit your sisters kids AND take her dinner (he he) and write your mom a letter of appreciation! BAM! Well on your way! :) j/k.
Cherri, you are so hilarious! I will be happy to watch your kids for you :). When do you want to go on a date?
I heard you are a big E-Bayer... I am clueless on it. I would love help on that if you are interested?
LiciRae, I don't ebay, but I do Craislist. I could probably figure ebay out pretty easily if you want to do it together someime!
Post a Comment