Jamie and I have been married for over 10 years. We met at the institute building when I just had to find out who was playing the beautiful music in the chapel. We both enjoy music...especially classical. He absolutely loves his job as a high school German teacher and I absolutely love my job as a stay-at-home mom.
3/7/09 Today while I was reading my scriptures, Anika was studying the baby wipes container on the floor. After examining it for a second she said to me "It says: wipe your baby's butt and don't lick." I laughed and laughed!
2/18/09 Jamie asked Anika if he should tickle her. When she told him no, he asked why. She explained "because it hurts me. and I will cry. and I will shout "mommy"!"
2/10/09 Tonight at dinner I was explaining the meaning of a new word to Anika. Afterward she said "thanks mommy". I asked her what for and she replied "thanks for teaching me!". Wow, I NEVER thought I would hear one of my children tell me that! Hoorah!
12/12/08 Today I told Anika that Daddy was Santa Claus and Mommy was Mrs. Claus. She added "and I'm Anika Claus!"
November: Anika was being really silly so I called her a goofy girl. She said "I'm not a goofy girl, Goofy is a BOY!"
10/31/08 When Andrew came home from his mission Anika was pretty afraid of him. I was talking to him about his mission and she said to me "don't talk to that mean guy!".
6/19/08 Anika tripped and hurt her foot today and was very tired so she cried for a long time. I was trying to distract her by telling her about the toys that she would soon be giving to Hannah. I said "You are a nice little girl", to which she responded between sobs "I am a sad little girl".
Today I told Anika it was time to eat because I was hungry. She said "You not hungry" and I said "I am too". She responded "You not two, you're 29!".
1 comment:
You're joking righT? I put my kiddos in the big bath as soon as they are about 3 mos. it's CRAZY how big she is getting!!!
Post a Comment